Ofil’s exclusive solution to indoors inspection with corona cameras: DayCor® SCALAR is a nondestructive (NDT) testing imaging system, developed, designed and manufactured by Ofil using proprietary UV Band Pass technology.
DayCor® Scalar is a High Value Low Cost, affordable corona detection camera. Scalar records, stores and plays videos and stills. Scalar sees ultraviolet signals emitted by partial discharges and smartly differentiates between noise and real corona signals. Scalar merges, with high accuracy, 2 channels: ultraviolet and visible and thereby displays both the corona and its source.
- Extremely easy to operate
- Ergonomic design
- Extra-long operating battery
- Wide FOV
- Powerful built-in flashlight
- Video and stills camera
- Large transmissive LCD
- Selection of corona colors
- Customized programmable profiles
- IP 54
- High Value Low Cost
Scalar is recommended for detecting corona, gauging the condition of high & medium voltage electrical apparatuses and finding imperfections correlated with partial discharges:
- Indoors inspections
- Manufacturing Industry – Factory Acceptance tests, Quality Analysis of items used in the electrical grid
- Motors & Generators workshops – testing before delivering to customers, or when looking for voids, imperfections, contamination etc.
- Switchgears maintenance – enclosed areas with limited light and short distance inspection
- Services contractors than need and affordable UV cameras at hands
- Maintenance teams that wish to reduce the time spent on searching for sources of RIV and seek cost effective solutions
- Maintenance teams that wish to be properly equipped and ready to handle all sorts of service calls